I recently began making fabric bunting for decorative purposes. If you have a sewing machine it can be extremely simple to make and can be used for any occasion. You can use it for weddings, birthday parties, photoshoots or as decor in your home.
What you will need:
- 1m Fabric
- Rotary Cutter
- Bunting Template
- Bias Tape
- Chopstick or any small tip stick
How to do this:
- Double your fabric and cut out your flags using the rotary cutter and template. *flags need to be double.
- Stitch your double flags together, inside out.
- Once all flags have been stitched, turn them outside in (the right way around) and use a chopstick to push out the tip.
- Iron all flags.
- Attached flags to the bias tape.
Tips for making bunting:
- Use non stretch cotton fabric
- Mix and match your fabric - use multiple different fabrics in one string of bunting
- Use a bunting template and rotary cutter when cutting your triangles
- Attached fun elements such as fabric balls on a string on various flags
- Cut out fabric letters and sew onto triangles to make sayings or names.